Kent Affordable Housing
Working to improve housing opportunities in our community
Kent’s workers, families and retirees of modest means are the main concern of Kent Affordable Housing (KAH), an all-volunteer nonprofit organization founded in 1990.
- South Common, a 24-unit rental complex, was inaugurated in 2003.
- Stuart Farm Apartments, five affordable rentals within walking distance of the center of Kent, was opened in 2012.
- Information on availability, income limits and applications for South Common and Stuart Farm Apartments may be obtained by calling CT Real Estate Management at 860-927-5022.
- The KAH Parcel Program seeks to obtain small lots to be leased to families who build homes for themselves. One home built on donated land is now owner-occupied, and KAH has recently obtained another lot which will be prepared for inclusion in The Parcel Program.
- KAH is working with HousingUS, a program to encourage the creation of accessory apartments in Kent.